Sikh students` body condemns attack on Sarabjit
Jamshedpur: All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) Friday condemned the attack on Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail where he was on death row.
Satnam Singh Gambhir, President of AISSF`s Jharkhand-Bihar unit also urged the central government to take up the issue with the Pakistani authorities to ensure proper medical treatment to him.
The Centre should also mount pressure on Pakistan government to initiate stringent action against the culprits, he demanded.
AISSF, which had been demanding for Sarabjit`s release for long, would pray in gurudwaras here for his recovery tomorrow, Gambhir said.
Sarabjit was convicted for his alleged involvement in a string of bomb attacks in Pakistan`s Punjab province that killed 14 people in 1990.
His mercy petitions were rejected by courts in Pakistan and former President Pervez Musharraf.
The outgoing Pakistan Peoples Party-led government put off Sarabjit`s execution for an indefinite period in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'