Sikh students` body condemns attack on Sarabjit
Jamshedpur: All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) Friday condemned the attack on Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail where he was on death row.
Satnam Singh Gambhir, President of AISSF`s Jharkhand-Bihar unit also urged the central government to take up the issue with the Pakistani authorities to ensure proper medical treatment to him.
The Centre should also mount pressure on Pakistan government to initiate stringent action against the culprits, he demanded.
AISSF, which had been demanding for Sarabjit`s release for long, would pray in gurudwaras here for his recovery tomorrow, Gambhir said.
Sarabjit was convicted for his alleged involvement in a string of bomb attacks in Pakistan`s Punjab province that killed 14 people in 1990.
His mercy petitions were rejected by courts in Pakistan and former President Pervez Musharraf.
The outgoing Pakistan Peoples Party-led government put off Sarabjit`s execution for an indefinite period in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites