Sikh students` body condemns attack on Sarabjit
Jamshedpur: All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) Friday condemned the attack on Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail where he was on death row.
Satnam Singh Gambhir, President of AISSF`s Jharkhand-Bihar unit also urged the central government to take up the issue with the Pakistani authorities to ensure proper medical treatment to him.
The Centre should also mount pressure on Pakistan government to initiate stringent action against the culprits, he demanded.
AISSF, which had been demanding for Sarabjit`s release for long, would pray in gurudwaras here for his recovery tomorrow, Gambhir said.
Sarabjit was convicted for his alleged involvement in a string of bomb attacks in Pakistan`s Punjab province that killed 14 people in 1990.
His mercy petitions were rejected by courts in Pakistan and former President Pervez Musharraf.
The outgoing Pakistan Peoples Party-led government put off Sarabjit`s execution for an indefinite period in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling