Simple vegetarian meals for Modi in Nepal
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday had simple vegetarian meal prepared by an Indian chef for lunch here after his arrival on a two-day official visit.
"He (Modi) likes to have simple vegetarian foods like nan roti, dal and vegetables," a chef said. His dishes were specially prepared under the guidance of head chef Nanda Kumar Gopi, who hails from India.
For breakfast, he prefers to have masala tea, and likes to take sweet lime juice. All the fruits and vegetables are locally available here.
Modi will dine with his Nepalese counterpart Sushil Koirala, who is hosting a dinner in his honour at a five star hotel here.
Prior to dinner, Modi will attend a reception hosted by Indian Ambassador Ranjit Rae in the evening. President Ram Baran Yadav will host him for lunch at Rastrapati Bhawan tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’