Singhvi back as Congress spokesperson
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday brought back Abhishek Manu Singhvi, a former AICC spokesman mired in a controversial CD row, as one of the leaders to put forward the party view in the electronic media.
"He (Singhvi) has been brought back into the panel of leaders who participate (in debates) in the electronic media," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
In April, Singhvi had resigned as party spokesperson and Chairman of Parliament`s Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice after a sleaze video allegedly involving him went viral on social media sites.
Subsequently, he was dropped from a list of leaders authorised by the Congress to participate in discussions on news channels.
The Congress has nominated some leaders, including Union ministers, party spokespersons and MPs, to participate in discussions and debated on television news channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets