Singhvi back as Congress spokesperson
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday brought back Abhishek Manu Singhvi, a former AICC spokesman mired in a controversial CD row, as one of the leaders to put forward the party view in the electronic media.
"He (Singhvi) has been brought back into the panel of leaders who participate (in debates) in the electronic media," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
In April, Singhvi had resigned as party spokesperson and Chairman of Parliament`s Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice after a sleaze video allegedly involving him went viral on social media sites.
Subsequently, he was dropped from a list of leaders authorised by the Congress to participate in discussions on news channels.
The Congress has nominated some leaders, including Union ministers, party spokespersons and MPs, to participate in discussions and debated on television news channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble