Singhvi back as Congress spokesperson
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday brought back Abhishek Manu Singhvi, a former AICC spokesman mired in a controversial CD row, as one of the leaders to put forward the party view in the electronic media.
"He (Singhvi) has been brought back into the panel of leaders who participate (in debates) in the electronic media," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
In April, Singhvi had resigned as party spokesperson and Chairman of Parliament`s Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice after a sleaze video allegedly involving him went viral on social media sites.
Subsequently, he was dropped from a list of leaders authorised by the Congress to participate in discussions on news channels.
The Congress has nominated some leaders, including Union ministers, party spokespersons and MPs, to participate in discussions and debated on television news channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!