Skirmish along Indo-Pak border
Islamabad: Line Of Control in Kashmir witnessed a clash between the Indian and Pakistani troops on Sunday.
Pakistan claimed that one of its soldiers was killed in the firing and another severely injured.
However, India stated that the firing was a retaliation to a shelling from Pakistan`s side that destroyed a home on this side of the border.
Colonel Brijesh Pandey, a spokesman for the Indian army in Kashmirsaid that Pakistani troops "initiated unprovoked firing`` and fired mortars and automatic weapons at Indian posts early Sunday morning. He said Pakistani shelling had destroyed a civilian home on the Indian side.
"We retaliated only using small arms. We believe it was clearly an attempt on their part to facilitate infiltration of militants,`` Pandey said.
Each side occasionally accuses the other of violating it by lobbing mortars or shooting across the LOC, but accusations of cross-border raids are rare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing