Soldiers’ killing: Response to Pak not influenced by any country, says Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: India on Saturday said its response to the Pakistani cross border provocation and the killing of Indian soldiers was not "influenced" by any country, including the US.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid also said that the Indo-Pak dialogue process has inbuilt review system, indicating that the current situation will not push for any fresh review.
"We are not influenced by anybody including the US. Neither does America pressurises us nor does it have any expectations that it can do so.
"But it is true that whether America, Russia, China, Canada, Iran, Saudi Arabia or Malaysia, we speak to everybody," Khurshid said in a TV show `Teekhi Baat` when asked whether India was influenced by America in matters concerning Pakistan.
Asked if there was a need to review the dialogue process between the two countries, he said, reviews periodically happen as these are inbuilt in the dialogue process.
On sending back Pakistani players who were here for the Indian Hockey League, he said both the Congress and BJP were united on the issue. "It is the society’s decision, and the government accepts the decision of society, because it is a democratic government," he said.
He also said India will not relent on its demand for the handing over of 20 terrorists who are believed to have sought shelter in Pakistan. "There is no way that we will let go of the pressure. In all our talks with them, we maintain these demands as a part of our strategy," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials