Soldiers’ killing: Response to Pak not influenced by any country, says Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: India on Saturday said its response to the Pakistani cross border provocation and the killing of Indian soldiers was not "influenced" by any country, including the US.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid also said that the Indo-Pak dialogue process has inbuilt review system, indicating that the current situation will not push for any fresh review.
"We are not influenced by anybody including the US. Neither does America pressurises us nor does it have any expectations that it can do so.
"But it is true that whether America, Russia, China, Canada, Iran, Saudi Arabia or Malaysia, we speak to everybody," Khurshid said in a TV show `Teekhi Baat` when asked whether India was influenced by America in matters concerning Pakistan.
Asked if there was a need to review the dialogue process between the two countries, he said, reviews periodically happen as these are inbuilt in the dialogue process.
On sending back Pakistani players who were here for the Indian Hockey League, he said both the Congress and BJP were united on the issue. "It is the society’s decision, and the government accepts the decision of society, because it is a democratic government," he said.
He also said India will not relent on its demand for the handing over of 20 terrorists who are believed to have sought shelter in Pakistan. "There is no way that we will let go of the pressure. In all our talks with them, we maintain these demands as a part of our strategy," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai