Soldiers’ killing: Response to Pak not influenced by any country, says Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: India on Saturday said its response to the Pakistani cross border provocation and the killing of Indian soldiers was not "influenced" by any country, including the US.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid also said that the Indo-Pak dialogue process has inbuilt review system, indicating that the current situation will not push for any fresh review.
"We are not influenced by anybody including the US. Neither does America pressurises us nor does it have any expectations that it can do so.
"But it is true that whether America, Russia, China, Canada, Iran, Saudi Arabia or Malaysia, we speak to everybody," Khurshid said in a TV show `Teekhi Baat` when asked whether India was influenced by America in matters concerning Pakistan.
Asked if there was a need to review the dialogue process between the two countries, he said, reviews periodically happen as these are inbuilt in the dialogue process.
On sending back Pakistani players who were here for the Indian Hockey League, he said both the Congress and BJP were united on the issue. "It is the society’s decision, and the government accepts the decision of society, because it is a democratic government," he said.
He also said India will not relent on its demand for the handing over of 20 terrorists who are believed to have sought shelter in Pakistan. "There is no way that we will let go of the pressure. In all our talks with them, we maintain these demands as a part of our strategy," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'