Soldiers’ killing: Response to Pak not influenced by any country, says Salman Khurshid
New Delhi: India on Saturday said its response to the Pakistani cross border provocation and the killing of Indian soldiers was not "influenced" by any country, including the US.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid also said that the Indo-Pak dialogue process has inbuilt review system, indicating that the current situation will not push for any fresh review.
"We are not influenced by anybody including the US. Neither does America pressurises us nor does it have any expectations that it can do so.
"But it is true that whether America, Russia, China, Canada, Iran, Saudi Arabia or Malaysia, we speak to everybody," Khurshid said in a TV show `Teekhi Baat` when asked whether India was influenced by America in matters concerning Pakistan.
Asked if there was a need to review the dialogue process between the two countries, he said, reviews periodically happen as these are inbuilt in the dialogue process.
On sending back Pakistani players who were here for the Indian Hockey League, he said both the Congress and BJP were united on the issue. "It is the society’s decision, and the government accepts the decision of society, because it is a democratic government," he said.
He also said India will not relent on its demand for the handing over of 20 terrorists who are believed to have sought shelter in Pakistan. "There is no way that we will let go of the pressure. In all our talks with them, we maintain these demands as a part of our strategy," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?