Somnath Chatterjee admitted to hospital with chest infection
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee has been admitted to a city nursing home with chest infection, sources said on Monday.
"Chatterjee who is an old patient of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease was admitted with chest infection after he got cold...," a spokesman of Belle Vue Nursing Home told PTI.
"He is gradually improving and there is no worry regarding his health condition," the spokesman said.
Chatterjee was admitted to the nursing home yesterday, the sources said. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF choppers dump water to douse forest fires; Centre sends probe team to Uttarakhand
- ISIS publishes 'hitlist' of 70 US military personnel
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa
- Congress criticises Centre for not inquiring Vijay Mallya's transactions