Sonia permitted Mamata to reveal names: TMC
New Delhi: Rejecting the accusation that Mamata Banerjee had broken decorum by unilaterally naming Congress’ two presidential candidates, Trinamool Congress said on Thursday that Didi had revealed the names with full consent of Sonia Gandhi.
TMC MP Kunal Ghosh said, “After their meeting yesterday, Mamataji had asked Soniaji that whether she should reveal the names of Pranab Mukherjee and Hamid Ansari if the media asks her. Soniaji gave her full consent.”
Ghosh further said that Mamata had not broken decorum as Sonia was fully aware that she would go out and name the candidates.
The TMC appears resolute to not let the Congress walk away after accusing Mamata of impropriety.
Meanwhile, Mamata would be meeting Mulayam Singh Yadav at 6 pm today to chart out future course of action.
The duo had named Manmohan Singh, Somnath Chatterjee and Dr APJ Abdul Kalam as their choices. However, with the Congress rejecting all three names and they being against Pranab and Ansari, the balance may tilt in favour of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, especially because the chances of NDA backing his candidature remain high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise