Sonia permitted Mamata to reveal names: TMC
New Delhi: Rejecting the accusation that Mamata Banerjee had broken decorum by unilaterally naming Congress’ two presidential candidates, Trinamool Congress said on Thursday that Didi had revealed the names with full consent of Sonia Gandhi.
TMC MP Kunal Ghosh said, “After their meeting yesterday, Mamataji had asked Soniaji that whether she should reveal the names of Pranab Mukherjee and Hamid Ansari if the media asks her. Soniaji gave her full consent.”
Ghosh further said that Mamata had not broken decorum as Sonia was fully aware that she would go out and name the candidates.
The TMC appears resolute to not let the Congress walk away after accusing Mamata of impropriety.
Meanwhile, Mamata would be meeting Mulayam Singh Yadav at 6 pm today to chart out future course of action.
The duo had named Manmohan Singh, Somnath Chatterjee and Dr APJ Abdul Kalam as their choices. However, with the Congress rejecting all three names and they being against Pranab and Ansari, the balance may tilt in favour of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, especially because the chances of NDA backing his candidature remain high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion