Sonia surprises many by dancing with tribal women
New Delhi: Over four months after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment, a cheerful Sonia Gandhi took everyone by surprise by joining a group of tribal women in their traditional dance here on Friday.
After addressing a national convention on empowerment of
tribal women organised by Mahila Congress, Gandhi came down
from the stage to mingle with the tribal women and soon joined
them in their dance.
Gandhi, who turned 66 last week, matched them in the zeal
and rhythm, after having readily accepted the invitation of
the group from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra to join their dance
to foot-tapping folk tunes.
She had flown to the United States and operated upon in
the first week of August. She had not attended many political
meetings and the last session of Parliament too, triggering
speculation about her health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"