Sonia surprises many by dancing with tribal women
New Delhi: Over four months after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment, a cheerful Sonia Gandhi took everyone by surprise by joining a group of tribal women in their traditional dance here on Friday.
After addressing a national convention on empowerment of
tribal women organised by Mahila Congress, Gandhi came down
from the stage to mingle with the tribal women and soon joined
them in their dance.
Gandhi, who turned 66 last week, matched them in the zeal
and rhythm, after having readily accepted the invitation of
the group from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra to join their dance
to foot-tapping folk tunes.
She had flown to the United States and operated upon in
the first week of August. She had not attended many political
meetings and the last session of Parliament too, triggering
speculation about her health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH