Sonia surprises many by dancing with tribal women
New Delhi: Over four months after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment, a cheerful Sonia Gandhi took everyone by surprise by joining a group of tribal women in their traditional dance here on Friday.
After addressing a national convention on empowerment of
tribal women organised by Mahila Congress, Gandhi came down
from the stage to mingle with the tribal women and soon joined
them in their dance.
Gandhi, who turned 66 last week, matched them in the zeal
and rhythm, after having readily accepted the invitation of
the group from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra to join their dance
to foot-tapping folk tunes.
She had flown to the United States and operated upon in
the first week of August. She had not attended many political
meetings and the last session of Parliament too, triggering
speculation about her health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore