Sonia surprises many by dancing with tribal women
New Delhi: Over four months after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment, a cheerful Sonia Gandhi took everyone by surprise by joining a group of tribal women in their traditional dance here on Friday.
After addressing a national convention on empowerment of
tribal women organised by Mahila Congress, Gandhi came down
from the stage to mingle with the tribal women and soon joined
them in their dance.
Gandhi, who turned 66 last week, matched them in the zeal
and rhythm, after having readily accepted the invitation of
the group from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra to join their dance
to foot-tapping folk tunes.
She had flown to the United States and operated upon in
the first week of August. She had not attended many political
meetings and the last session of Parliament too, triggering
speculation about her health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur