Soon, husbands to pay salary to their housewives!
New Delhi: If a proposal mooted by the Women and Child Development Ministry is implemented, husbands could soon be legally mandated to pay a fixed monthly salary to their housewives for doing daily chores.
In fact, the ministry is currently preparing the draft of the Bill and it could be tabled before the Cabinet soon.
Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath reportedly said the move is part of government’s efforts aimed at women empowerment.
Tirath said the government will set a standard for the salary amount to be paid to housewives every month.
The minister informed that once the draft Bill is ready, it could be presented before Parliament within six months.
A senior government official said husbands would be required to deposit 10-20% of their monthly salary in a bank account to be opened in the name of their wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan