SP chief Mulayam slams Modi govt for price rise
New Delhi: Slamming the government on the issue of price rise, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Monday said inflation has further increased after the Narendra Modi government came to power.
The government, he said, has already spent much time in power by now to take action against price rise.
"Since the day they took oath, inflation has further increased," he told reporters outside Parliament.
SP along with opposition parties such as Congress, RJD, SP and AAP disrupted proceedings in Lok Sabha earlier in the day insisting on a discussion on the matter through adjournment motions.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu said the government has nothing to hide and was ready for discussion on the matter under Rule 193.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?