SP chief Mulayam slams Modi govt for price rise
New Delhi: Slamming the government on the issue of price rise, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Monday said inflation has further increased after the Narendra Modi government came to power.
The government, he said, has already spent much time in power by now to take action against price rise.
"Since the day they took oath, inflation has further increased," he told reporters outside Parliament.
SP along with opposition parties such as Congress, RJD, SP and AAP disrupted proceedings in Lok Sabha earlier in the day insisting on a discussion on the matter through adjournment motions.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu said the government has nothing to hide and was ready for discussion on the matter under Rule 193.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know