SP chief Mulayam slams Modi govt for price rise
New Delhi: Slamming the government on the issue of price rise, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Monday said inflation has further increased after the Narendra Modi government came to power.
The government, he said, has already spent much time in power by now to take action against price rise.
"Since the day they took oath, inflation has further increased," he told reporters outside Parliament.
SP along with opposition parties such as Congress, RJD, SP and AAP disrupted proceedings in Lok Sabha earlier in the day insisting on a discussion on the matter through adjournment motions.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu said the government has nothing to hide and was ready for discussion on the matter under Rule 193.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India