SP chief Mulayam slams Modi govt for price rise
New Delhi: Slamming the government on the issue of price rise, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Monday said inflation has further increased after the Narendra Modi government came to power.
The government, he said, has already spent much time in power by now to take action against price rise.
"Since the day they took oath, inflation has further increased," he told reporters outside Parliament.
SP along with opposition parties such as Congress, RJD, SP and AAP disrupted proceedings in Lok Sabha earlier in the day insisting on a discussion on the matter through adjournment motions.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu said the government has nothing to hide and was ready for discussion on the matter under Rule 193.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank