Special Border Personnel meeting with China at Bum la Pass
Guwahati: A special Border Personnel Meeting (BPM) was held at Bum La Pass along the Indo-China border on the occasion of Republic Day, defence sources said on Sunday.
The meeting was held as a part of promoting friendly ties and to take the existing bonhomie between India and China to a new level.
The BPMs between the security forces of the two Asian giants serve as a vital platform for resolving local issues and fostering confidence with a view to enhance peace, the sources added.
The meeting was held at the historic `Maitree Sthal` located at an altitude of approximately 15,000 feet near the strategic Bum La Pass in Tawang District of Arunachal Pradesh yesterday.
The event was hosted by Indian side on the occasion of its 64th Republic Day.
Delegations from both sides interacted with each other in a cordial environment and a cultural show was put up for the Chinese visitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands