Special Border Personnel meeting with China at Bum la Pass
Guwahati: A special Border Personnel Meeting (BPM) was held at Bum La Pass along the Indo-China border on the occasion of Republic Day, defence sources said on Sunday.
The meeting was held as a part of promoting friendly ties and to take the existing bonhomie between India and China to a new level.
The BPMs between the security forces of the two Asian giants serve as a vital platform for resolving local issues and fostering confidence with a view to enhance peace, the sources added.
The meeting was held at the historic `Maitree Sthal` located at an altitude of approximately 15,000 feet near the strategic Bum La Pass in Tawang District of Arunachal Pradesh yesterday.
The event was hosted by Indian side on the occasion of its 64th Republic Day.
Delegations from both sides interacted with each other in a cordial environment and a cultural show was put up for the Chinese visitors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?