Spicejet being vindictive towards its former pilot: Court
New Delhi: Low cost airline Spicejet has been pulled up by a Delhi court for being "vindictive" towards one of its former pilots who had filmed a co-pilot smoking in the cockpit and triggered a national debate.
Additional District Judge Ajay Goel made the observation while deciding a Spicejet Limited`s suit against its former pilot Siddharth Kasana seeking reimbursement of Rs 18.53 lakh as cost incurred by it in training him after he quit from the service of the airlines before the five-year lock-in period.
"It seems the plaintiff (Spicejet) became vindictive towards the defendant (Kasana) because of the misconduct of another pilot which created national debate and outrage on the conduct of the pilot caught smoking while flying the aircraft which also resulted in diminishing their reputation whereby they were bent upon destroying the career of the defendant," he said.
The airline had alleged that Kasana left the job before the lock-in period and the cheque given by him as security at the time of his appointment in 2006 were dishonoured for insufficient funds.
Kasana on the other hand had claimed that he was forced to resign as he had filmed his co-pilot smoking in the cockpit and sparked a nationwide debate over the issue.
The court noted Kasana was willing to work with the firm but was forced to resign as his video of a co-pilot smoking in the cockpit had diminished its reputation.
In his reply to the averments made by Spicejet, Kasana had filed a CD of a news telecast showing the video made by him of his senior co-pilot smoking onboard the flight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!