SpiceJet wing damaged while taxiing
New Delhi: In a freak incident, the wing of a Hyderabad-bound SpiceJet plane with 142 people onboard was damaged after pilot veered off the guiding line and hit a highmast light post while taxiing out of IGI airport here.
The DGCA has ordered a probe into the incident which happened around 7.40 PM yesterday, when SpiceJet`s Boeing 737-800, operating on Delhi-Hyderbad route (SG 239), was taxiing out of the parking bay to the runway for takeoff from Delhi airport.
A spokesperson of the IGI airport operator -- Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) said, "Preliminary observations suggest that the aircraft came off the taxiway guiding line and as a result it hit the post. Due to this the high mast light also got damaged."
All the passengers on board were unaffected.
Following the incident, the pilot of the aircraft aborted take-off and the passengers were sent to Hyderabad in a separate plane after a delay of about two hours, they said, adding the aircraft departed from Delhi at 21:25 hours.
Terming the incident as minor, the airline, in a statement, said, "We are doing an internal investigation in this matter. We would like to reiterate that for SpiceJet, safety of its passengers is of utmost importance."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list