Spiritual Guru Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj passes away
Gurgaon: Spiritual guru Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj on Friday passed away at a private hospital here following a brain injury.
The 91-year-old godman was flown in from Allahabad on November 11 in a critical condition and was on ventilator support.
An emergency surgery was performed on him for an `acute subdural haemotoma` or brain injury, which he developed after he slipped in his Ashram few days back, hospital sources said.
He passed away at 7.05 am on Friday at a private hospital in Gurgaon.
He was the preceptor of Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat, a worldwide Hindu non-profit organisation with five main spiritual centers, four in India and one in the USA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?