Spiritual Guru Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj passes away
Gurgaon: Spiritual guru Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj on Friday passed away at a private hospital here following a brain injury.
The 91-year-old godman was flown in from Allahabad on November 11 in a critical condition and was on ventilator support.
An emergency surgery was performed on him for an `acute subdural haemotoma` or brain injury, which he developed after he slipped in his Ashram few days back, hospital sources said.
He passed away at 7.05 am on Friday at a private hospital in Gurgaon.
He was the preceptor of Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat, a worldwide Hindu non-profit organisation with five main spiritual centers, four in India and one in the USA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi