Spiritual Guru Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj passes away
Gurgaon: Spiritual guru Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj on Friday passed away at a private hospital here following a brain injury.
The 91-year-old godman was flown in from Allahabad on November 11 in a critical condition and was on ventilator support.
An emergency surgery was performed on him for an `acute subdural haemotoma` or brain injury, which he developed after he slipped in his Ashram few days back, hospital sources said.
He passed away at 7.05 am on Friday at a private hospital in Gurgaon.
He was the preceptor of Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat, a worldwide Hindu non-profit organisation with five main spiritual centers, four in India and one in the USA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list