Sri Lanka Navy arrests three Indian fishermen
Colombo: Three Indian fishermen have been arrested by Sri Lankan Navy for allegedly poaching in the country`s waters while six others were rescued in a separate instance.
Navy spokesman Commander Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that three Indian fishermen were arrested along with their boat for poaching in Sri Lankan waters last night off the coast of Kankesanturai (KKS) in the north.
They are to be handed over to KKS police today.
Separately, the Navy rescued six distressed Indian fishermen in the Gulf of Mannar off the northeast coast on Friday.
They were onboard a boat named `Neranjana` and will be handed over to the Indian Coast Guards later.
Poaching by two countries` fishermen in each other`s waters have been a recurring problem for the South Asian neighbours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'