Sri Lanka Navy arrests three Indian fishermen
Colombo: Three Indian fishermen have been arrested by Sri Lankan Navy for allegedly poaching in the country`s waters while six others were rescued in a separate instance.
Navy spokesman Commander Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that three Indian fishermen were arrested along with their boat for poaching in Sri Lankan waters last night off the coast of Kankesanturai (KKS) in the north.
They are to be handed over to KKS police today.
Separately, the Navy rescued six distressed Indian fishermen in the Gulf of Mannar off the northeast coast on Friday.
They were onboard a boat named `Neranjana` and will be handed over to the Indian Coast Guards later.
Poaching by two countries` fishermen in each other`s waters have been a recurring problem for the South Asian neighbours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'