Sri Lankan Navy threatens Indian fishermen
Rameswaram: Window panes of a boat, part of 78 which had put out to sea from this coastal town, were damaged in an attack allegedly by Sri Lankan naval personnel, who also took away the fish catch from 10 boats, fisheries department sources said.
They said the Sri lankan naval personnel threw beer bottles and stones at the boat last night damaging the windowpanes. Later they surrounded the boats and threatened them to leave the area, the sources said.
Meanwhile about 11 fishermen`s organisations did not put out to sea for the fifth consecutive day, demanding release of five fishermen arrested by the Lankan Navy in November 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price