Suspected Chinese spy arrested in Himachal Pradesh
Dharamsala: Police have arrested a Tibetan, suspected to be a Chinese spy, from McLeodganj, the abode of Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, an official said here on Thursday.
The accused, Pema Tsering, was arrested on Wednesday following a tip-off from the Tibetan government-in-exile.
"We have been keeping tabs on his activities after receiving a complaint from Tibetan security agencies," Superintendent of Police Balbir Thakur told a news agency.
He said the accused reached India in 2009 via Nepal and had been living in Delhi before moving to Dharamsala a few days ago.
As per preliminary investigations, Tsering was a member of the People`s Liberation Army of China and had also served in the People`s Armed Police Force.
Police have recovered an Indian voter-identity card and Aadhar card from his possession. Both were issued from Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state