Suspected Chinese spy arrested in Himachal Pradesh
Dharamsala: Police have arrested a Tibetan, suspected to be a Chinese spy, from McLeodganj, the abode of Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, an official said here on Thursday.
The accused, Pema Tsering, was arrested on Wednesday following a tip-off from the Tibetan government-in-exile.
"We have been keeping tabs on his activities after receiving a complaint from Tibetan security agencies," Superintendent of Police Balbir Thakur told a news agency.
He said the accused reached India in 2009 via Nepal and had been living in Delhi before moving to Dharamsala a few days ago.
As per preliminary investigations, Tsering was a member of the People`s Liberation Army of China and had also served in the People`s Armed Police Force.
Police have recovered an Indian voter-identity card and Aadhar card from his possession. Both were issued from Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview