Talks on to resolve Chinese incursion issue peacefully: Antony
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian on Friday reiterated that talks were on with China to resolve the latest incursion issue.
"Negotiations are on at various levels to find a peaceful solution to the Chinese incursion issue," Defence Minister AK Antony.
Antony had earlier said that the Indian "government will take every step to protect the national integrity and security".
The Defence Minister was on Thursday briefed on the Chinese incursion in Ladakh by Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh.
Various options were discussed during the meeting between Gen Singh and Antony. The duo is reported to have termed the incursion a “technicality” that would be dealt with the local commanders on the ground.
The meeting came a day after Gen Bikram Singh returned from a visit to the Northern Command headquarters at Nagrota, near Jammu, where he met the army commander, Lt Gen KT Parnaik, and other senior officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere