Talks on to resolve Chinese incursion issue peacefully: Antony
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian on Friday reiterated that talks were on with China to resolve the latest incursion issue.
"Negotiations are on at various levels to find a peaceful solution to the Chinese incursion issue," Defence Minister AK Antony.
Antony had earlier said that the Indian "government will take every step to protect the national integrity and security".
The Defence Minister was on Thursday briefed on the Chinese incursion in Ladakh by Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh.
Various options were discussed during the meeting between Gen Singh and Antony. The duo is reported to have termed the incursion a “technicality” that would be dealt with the local commanders on the ground.
The meeting came a day after Gen Bikram Singh returned from a visit to the Northern Command headquarters at Nagrota, near Jammu, where he met the army commander, Lt Gen KT Parnaik, and other senior officers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living