Talks on to resolve Chinese incursion issue peacefully: Antony
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian on Friday reiterated that talks were on with China to resolve the latest incursion issue.
"Negotiations are on at various levels to find a peaceful solution to the Chinese incursion issue," Defence Minister AK Antony.
Antony had earlier said that the Indian "government will take every step to protect the national integrity and security".
The Defence Minister was on Thursday briefed on the Chinese incursion in Ladakh by Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh.
Various options were discussed during the meeting between Gen Singh and Antony. The duo is reported to have termed the incursion a “technicality” that would be dealt with the local commanders on the ground.
The meeting came a day after Gen Bikram Singh returned from a visit to the Northern Command headquarters at Nagrota, near Jammu, where he met the army commander, Lt Gen KT Parnaik, and other senior officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read