TDP will choose between Pranab, Sangma: Naidu
New Delhi: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday said his party is analysing on the candidature of both Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and former Lok Sabha speaker PA Sangma for the post of Presidency.
“We have to chose between Mukherjee and Sangma. We can’t abstain from voting also”, Naidu said. “Our party will soon take a call on the issue”, he added.
Support is growing for Mukherjee, a UPA candidate, with major NDA allies JD(U), Shiv Sena and SAD have already expressed their desire to back him for the President’s post.
Key NDA constituent BJP, which is no mood to give a walkover to Mukherjee, however, is now attempting to build consensus over NCP leader PA Sangma as NDA`s Presidential candidate.
The saffron party is trying to convince its dithering NDA allies to fall in line and announce support for Sangama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'