TDP will choose between Pranab, Sangma: Naidu
New Delhi: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday said his party is analysing on the candidature of both Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and former Lok Sabha speaker PA Sangma for the post of Presidency.
“We have to chose between Mukherjee and Sangma. We can’t abstain from voting also”, Naidu said. “Our party will soon take a call on the issue”, he added.
Support is growing for Mukherjee, a UPA candidate, with major NDA allies JD(U), Shiv Sena and SAD have already expressed their desire to back him for the President’s post.
Key NDA constituent BJP, which is no mood to give a walkover to Mukherjee, however, is now attempting to build consensus over NCP leader PA Sangma as NDA`s Presidential candidate.
The saffron party is trying to convince its dithering NDA allies to fall in line and announce support for Sangama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’