TDP will choose between Pranab, Sangma: Naidu
New Delhi: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday said his party is analysing on the candidature of both Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and former Lok Sabha speaker PA Sangma for the post of Presidency.
“We have to chose between Mukherjee and Sangma. We can’t abstain from voting also”, Naidu said. “Our party will soon take a call on the issue”, he added.
Support is growing for Mukherjee, a UPA candidate, with major NDA allies JD(U), Shiv Sena and SAD have already expressed their desire to back him for the President’s post.
Key NDA constituent BJP, which is no mood to give a walkover to Mukherjee, however, is now attempting to build consensus over NCP leader PA Sangma as NDA`s Presidential candidate.
The saffron party is trying to convince its dithering NDA allies to fall in line and announce support for Sangama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal