TDP will choose between Pranab, Sangma: Naidu
New Delhi: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday said his party is analysing on the candidature of both Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and former Lok Sabha speaker PA Sangma for the post of Presidency.
“We have to chose between Mukherjee and Sangma. We can’t abstain from voting also”, Naidu said. “Our party will soon take a call on the issue”, he added.
Support is growing for Mukherjee, a UPA candidate, with major NDA allies JD(U), Shiv Sena and SAD have already expressed their desire to back him for the President’s post.
Key NDA constituent BJP, which is no mood to give a walkover to Mukherjee, however, is now attempting to build consensus over NCP leader PA Sangma as NDA`s Presidential candidate.
The saffron party is trying to convince its dithering NDA allies to fall in line and announce support for Sangama.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources