TDP will choose between Pranab, Sangma: Naidu
New Delhi: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday said his party is analysing on the candidature of both Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and former Lok Sabha speaker PA Sangma for the post of Presidency.
“We have to chose between Mukherjee and Sangma. We can’t abstain from voting also”, Naidu said. “Our party will soon take a call on the issue”, he added.
Support is growing for Mukherjee, a UPA candidate, with major NDA allies JD(U), Shiv Sena and SAD have already expressed their desire to back him for the President’s post.
Key NDA constituent BJP, which is no mood to give a walkover to Mukherjee, however, is now attempting to build consensus over NCP leader PA Sangma as NDA`s Presidential candidate.
The saffron party is trying to convince its dithering NDA allies to fall in line and announce support for Sangama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage