Teacher’s Day: S Radhakrishnan remembered
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha today paid tributes to its first Chairman and former President Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan on his birth anniversary.
As the House met for the day, Chairman Hamid Ansari mentioned about the birth anniversary of Radhakrishnan, which is celebrated in the country as Teachers` Day.
Paying glowing tributes, he said Radhakrishnan was an internationally acclaimed philosopher, teacher par excellence and humanist to the core.
Radhakrishnan was elected as the first Vice President of India in 1952. He was elected as the second President of India (1962-1967).
"We pay rich tributes to Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan," he said and expressed gratitude to teachers for moulding future citizens of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das