Teacher’s Day: S Radhakrishnan remembered
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha today paid tributes to its first Chairman and former President Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan on his birth anniversary.
As the House met for the day, Chairman Hamid Ansari mentioned about the birth anniversary of Radhakrishnan, which is celebrated in the country as Teachers` Day.
Paying glowing tributes, he said Radhakrishnan was an internationally acclaimed philosopher, teacher par excellence and humanist to the core.
Radhakrishnan was elected as the first Vice President of India in 1952. He was elected as the second President of India (1962-1967).
"We pay rich tributes to Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan," he said and expressed gratitude to teachers for moulding future citizens of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!