Team Anna cannot be alternative to BJP: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Nitin Gadkari on Friday welcomed Anna Hazare and his team`s announcement to enter the political arena but stressed that it could not become an alternative to his party.
In an interview to a news channel, Gadkari said the BJP supports "anyone who`s against corruption, be it Anna Hazare or Baba Ramdev. If Anna seeks our support, we will help".
He said Team Anna could not become an alternative to the BJP but the Congress could.
He also said his party did not face any threat from this new group.
To a question whether all was well with the National Democratic Alliance, which his party heads, especially with Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Nitish Kumar taking a different stand on various issues, Gadkari said NDA was "intact". He added that he was confident that Nitish Kumar would stay with the coalition.
Hazare and his team members Thursday announced they were calling off their indefinite fast on Friday at 5 pm and proposed forming a political alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'