Team Anna cannot be alternative to BJP: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Nitin Gadkari on Friday welcomed Anna Hazare and his team`s announcement to enter the political arena but stressed that it could not become an alternative to his party.
In an interview to a news channel, Gadkari said the BJP supports "anyone who`s against corruption, be it Anna Hazare or Baba Ramdev. If Anna seeks our support, we will help".
He said Team Anna could not become an alternative to the BJP but the Congress could.
He also said his party did not face any threat from this new group.
To a question whether all was well with the National Democratic Alliance, which his party heads, especially with Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Nitish Kumar taking a different stand on various issues, Gadkari said NDA was "intact". He added that he was confident that Nitish Kumar would stay with the coalition.
Hazare and his team members Thursday announced they were calling off their indefinite fast on Friday at 5 pm and proposed forming a political alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him