Team Anna cannot be alternative to BJP: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Nitin Gadkari on Friday welcomed Anna Hazare and his team`s announcement to enter the political arena but stressed that it could not become an alternative to his party.
In an interview to a news channel, Gadkari said the BJP supports "anyone who`s against corruption, be it Anna Hazare or Baba Ramdev. If Anna seeks our support, we will help".
He said Team Anna could not become an alternative to the BJP but the Congress could.
He also said his party did not face any threat from this new group.
To a question whether all was well with the National Democratic Alliance, which his party heads, especially with Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Nitish Kumar taking a different stand on various issues, Gadkari said NDA was "intact". He added that he was confident that Nitish Kumar would stay with the coalition.
Hazare and his team members Thursday announced they were calling off their indefinite fast on Friday at 5 pm and proposed forming a political alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M