Team Anna member backs govt on NCTC
New Delhi: Its proposal to set up the
National Counter Terrorism Council may have evoked sharp
opposition, but the government on Monday got support for the move
from an unexpected quarter -- a key Team Anna member.
Senior lawyer and prominent Team Anna member Prashant
Bhushan said he did not find anything wrong in setting up such
a centre to fight terrorism.
"There is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC,"
he said when asked about his views on setting up the anti-
terror body, which is opposed by several states citing damage
to federal structure of the country.
Interestingly, Bhushan was in the forefront along with
Anna Hazare in opposing the government`s bill on Lokpal
alleging that it was very weak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’