Team Anna member backs govt on NCTC
New Delhi: Its proposal to set up the
National Counter Terrorism Council may have evoked sharp
opposition, but the government on Monday got support for the move
from an unexpected quarter -- a key Team Anna member.
Senior lawyer and prominent Team Anna member Prashant
Bhushan said he did not find anything wrong in setting up such
a centre to fight terrorism.
"There is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC,"
he said when asked about his views on setting up the anti-
terror body, which is opposed by several states citing damage
to federal structure of the country.
Interestingly, Bhushan was in the forefront along with
Anna Hazare in opposing the government`s bill on Lokpal
alleging that it was very weak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city