Team Anna member backs govt on NCTC
New Delhi: Its proposal to set up the
National Counter Terrorism Council may have evoked sharp
opposition, but the government on Monday got support for the move
from an unexpected quarter -- a key Team Anna member.
Senior lawyer and prominent Team Anna member Prashant
Bhushan said he did not find anything wrong in setting up such
a centre to fight terrorism.
"There is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC,"
he said when asked about his views on setting up the anti-
terror body, which is opposed by several states citing damage
to federal structure of the country.
Interestingly, Bhushan was in the forefront along with
Anna Hazare in opposing the government`s bill on Lokpal
alleging that it was very weak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees