Team Anna member backs govt on NCTC
New Delhi: Its proposal to set up the
National Counter Terrorism Council may have evoked sharp
opposition, but the government on Monday got support for the move
from an unexpected quarter -- a key Team Anna member.
Senior lawyer and prominent Team Anna member Prashant
Bhushan said he did not find anything wrong in setting up such
a centre to fight terrorism.
"There is no harm in having a federal agency like NCTC,"
he said when asked about his views on setting up the anti-
terror body, which is opposed by several states citing damage
to federal structure of the country.
Interestingly, Bhushan was in the forefront along with
Anna Hazare in opposing the government`s bill on Lokpal
alleging that it was very weak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed