Terror suspect Fasih remanded to police custody till Nov 16
Bangalore: Suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist and an accused in Delhi and Bangalore blasts Fasih Mohammad, who has been handed over to Bangalore police by a Delhi court, was brought here.
Fasih, brought here last evening, was remanded to police custody till November 16, a top police official said.
"Fasih Mohammad was brought by our team last evening itself. He was produced before the first Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi and remanded to police custody till November 16", Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) B Dayanand told a news agency.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Asha Menon sent Fasih, 14-day judicial custody on November 1, after Special Cell of Delhi Police, which had arrested him at IGI Airport after his deportation from Saudi Arabia recently, said it no longer needed his custody for interrogation.
The court had ordered for handing Fasih to Bangalore police in response to its plea for his custody.
Fasih, who was arrested by the Special Cell on October 22 after his deportation, is wanted by the Bangalore Police in connection with the Chinaswamy Stadium blasts in 2010.
Fasih, who hails from Bihar and is a mechanical engineer by profession, is also named in the charge sheet filed against Abu Jundal, a key handler of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH