‘Terrorists getting funds through foreign embassies’
New Delhi: There are reports of terrorist fundings through foreign embassies and foreign intelligence agencies of neighbouring countries, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"Yes," said Minister of State for Home R P N Singh when asked whether there are reports of terrorists funding in the country through foreign embassies and foreign intelligence agencies.
He said according to Intelligence inputs, the terrorists and separatists are getting funds through hawala and inward remittances.
He said fake Indian currency notes have also been a source of terror funding in India with the active support of the foreign intelligence agency of the neighbouring country.
Singh said on the basis of the inputs obtained from central and state law enforcement agencies, since 2006 and till June 30, a total of 218 FIRs have been registered and in 65 cases charge sheets have been filed.
"These include the 10 terror funding cases being investigated by National Investigation Agency (NIA)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!