‘Terrorists getting funds through foreign embassies’
New Delhi: There are reports of terrorist fundings through foreign embassies and foreign intelligence agencies of neighbouring countries, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"Yes," said Minister of State for Home R P N Singh when asked whether there are reports of terrorists funding in the country through foreign embassies and foreign intelligence agencies.
He said according to Intelligence inputs, the terrorists and separatists are getting funds through hawala and inward remittances.
He said fake Indian currency notes have also been a source of terror funding in India with the active support of the foreign intelligence agency of the neighbouring country.
Singh said on the basis of the inputs obtained from central and state law enforcement agencies, since 2006 and till June 30, a total of 218 FIRs have been registered and in 65 cases charge sheets have been filed.
"These include the 10 terror funding cases being investigated by National Investigation Agency (NIA)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video