‘Terrorists getting funds through foreign embassies’
New Delhi: There are reports of terrorist fundings through foreign embassies and foreign intelligence agencies of neighbouring countries, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"Yes," said Minister of State for Home R P N Singh when asked whether there are reports of terrorists funding in the country through foreign embassies and foreign intelligence agencies.
He said according to Intelligence inputs, the terrorists and separatists are getting funds through hawala and inward remittances.
He said fake Indian currency notes have also been a source of terror funding in India with the active support of the foreign intelligence agency of the neighbouring country.
Singh said on the basis of the inputs obtained from central and state law enforcement agencies, since 2006 and till June 30, a total of 218 FIRs have been registered and in 65 cases charge sheets have been filed.
"These include the 10 terror funding cases being investigated by National Investigation Agency (NIA)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today