TESO to meet Khurshid over Lankan war victims’ rehabilitation
Chennai: A delegation of pro-Sri Lankan Tamils forum, led by DMK Treasurer M K Stalin, would meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to press for their demands, including rehabilitation of displaced Tamils in the island nation.
The delegation of pro-Lankan Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) would also meet the envoys of various countries in New Delhi on January 28 and 29 and appeal to them to pressurise the Sri Lankan government for rehabilitation of displaced Sri Lankan Tamils.
It will demand action as per the resolution adopted in United Nations Human Rights Commission over alleged war crimes against ethnic Tamils, DMK Parliamentary Party leader T R Baalu said in a statement today.
Once defunct organisation TESO was revived by Karunanidhi in August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city