TESO to meet Khurshid over Lankan war victims’ rehabilitation
Chennai: A delegation of pro-Sri Lankan Tamils forum, led by DMK Treasurer M K Stalin, would meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to press for their demands, including rehabilitation of displaced Tamils in the island nation.
The delegation of pro-Lankan Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) would also meet the envoys of various countries in New Delhi on January 28 and 29 and appeal to them to pressurise the Sri Lankan government for rehabilitation of displaced Sri Lankan Tamils.
It will demand action as per the resolution adopted in United Nations Human Rights Commission over alleged war crimes against ethnic Tamils, DMK Parliamentary Party leader T R Baalu said in a statement today.
Once defunct organisation TESO was revived by Karunanidhi in August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III