TESO to meet Khurshid over Lankan war victims’ rehabilitation
Chennai: A delegation of pro-Sri Lankan Tamils forum, led by DMK Treasurer M K Stalin, would meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to press for their demands, including rehabilitation of displaced Tamils in the island nation.
The delegation of pro-Lankan Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) would also meet the envoys of various countries in New Delhi on January 28 and 29 and appeal to them to pressurise the Sri Lankan government for rehabilitation of displaced Sri Lankan Tamils.
It will demand action as per the resolution adopted in United Nations Human Rights Commission over alleged war crimes against ethnic Tamils, DMK Parliamentary Party leader T R Baalu said in a statement today.
Once defunct organisation TESO was revived by Karunanidhi in August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured