TESO to meet Khurshid over Lankan war victims’ rehabilitation
Chennai: A delegation of pro-Sri Lankan Tamils forum, led by DMK Treasurer M K Stalin, would meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to press for their demands, including rehabilitation of displaced Tamils in the island nation.
The delegation of pro-Lankan Tamil Ealam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) would also meet the envoys of various countries in New Delhi on January 28 and 29 and appeal to them to pressurise the Sri Lankan government for rehabilitation of displaced Sri Lankan Tamils.
It will demand action as per the resolution adopted in United Nations Human Rights Commission over alleged war crimes against ethnic Tamils, DMK Parliamentary Party leader T R Baalu said in a statement today.
Once defunct organisation TESO was revived by Karunanidhi in August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch