Tharoor tells babus to be responsive to citizens` demands
New Delhi: Civil servants should be responsive and accountable to meet demands of "informed" citizens for better services, Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said.
"Civil servants will have to gear up to meet demands for better services from informed citizens. Responsiveness and accountability would, therefore, be the watchwords for civil servants in the new era," he said at a conference after the signing of a MoU between Yale University and Haryana-based O P Jindal Global University (JGU) yesterday.
A release by JGU quoted Tharoor as telling bureaucrats to equip themselves with better skills in order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution in India.
"The digital revolution in India has altered the functioning of government offices... In order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution, bureaucrats need to be equipped with better skills," he said.
Addressing the conference, JGU VC Raj Kumar said the MoU will give a boost to leadership education and public service worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!