Tharoor tells babus to be responsive to citizens` demands
New Delhi: Civil servants should be responsive and accountable to meet demands of "informed" citizens for better services, Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said.
"Civil servants will have to gear up to meet demands for better services from informed citizens. Responsiveness and accountability would, therefore, be the watchwords for civil servants in the new era," he said at a conference after the signing of a MoU between Yale University and Haryana-based O P Jindal Global University (JGU) yesterday.
A release by JGU quoted Tharoor as telling bureaucrats to equip themselves with better skills in order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution in India.
"The digital revolution in India has altered the functioning of government offices... In order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution, bureaucrats need to be equipped with better skills," he said.
Addressing the conference, JGU VC Raj Kumar said the MoU will give a boost to leadership education and public service worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' mints over Rs 10 crore in opening weekend
- Two arrested with narcotic capsules, injections in Jammu
- Pakistan rise to No. 1 in Test rankings after India-West Indies match called off