Tharoor tells babus to be responsive to citizens` demands
New Delhi: Civil servants should be responsive and accountable to meet demands of "informed" citizens for better services, Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said.
"Civil servants will have to gear up to meet demands for better services from informed citizens. Responsiveness and accountability would, therefore, be the watchwords for civil servants in the new era," he said at a conference after the signing of a MoU between Yale University and Haryana-based O P Jindal Global University (JGU) yesterday.
A release by JGU quoted Tharoor as telling bureaucrats to equip themselves with better skills in order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution in India.
"The digital revolution in India has altered the functioning of government offices... In order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution, bureaucrats need to be equipped with better skills," he said.
Addressing the conference, JGU VC Raj Kumar said the MoU will give a boost to leadership education and public service worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue