Tharoor tells babus to be responsive to citizens` demands
New Delhi: Civil servants should be responsive and accountable to meet demands of "informed" citizens for better services, Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said.
"Civil servants will have to gear up to meet demands for better services from informed citizens. Responsiveness and accountability would, therefore, be the watchwords for civil servants in the new era," he said at a conference after the signing of a MoU between Yale University and Haryana-based O P Jindal Global University (JGU) yesterday.
A release by JGU quoted Tharoor as telling bureaucrats to equip themselves with better skills in order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution in India.
"The digital revolution in India has altered the functioning of government offices... In order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution, bureaucrats need to be equipped with better skills," he said.
Addressing the conference, JGU VC Raj Kumar said the MoU will give a boost to leadership education and public service worldwide.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know