Tharoor tells babus to be responsive to citizens` demands
New Delhi: Civil servants should be responsive and accountable to meet demands of "informed" citizens for better services, Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor has said.
"Civil servants will have to gear up to meet demands for better services from informed citizens. Responsiveness and accountability would, therefore, be the watchwords for civil servants in the new era," he said at a conference after the signing of a MoU between Yale University and Haryana-based O P Jindal Global University (JGU) yesterday.
A release by JGU quoted Tharoor as telling bureaucrats to equip themselves with better skills in order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution in India.
"The digital revolution in India has altered the functioning of government offices... In order to harness the full potential of the digital revolution, bureaucrats need to be equipped with better skills," he said.
Addressing the conference, JGU VC Raj Kumar said the MoU will give a boost to leadership education and public service worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened