They didn’t die for this: Meira Kumar on Parliament disruptions
New Delhi: On a day when the nation is remembering the martyrs of the 2001 Parliament terror attack, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar asked a pertinent question in the Lower House: Did the security personnel sacrifice their lives for this?
She was reacting to repeated disruptions in the both Houses of Parliament.
"On this date, people lost their lives here, they didn`t sacrifice their lives for this," the Speaker said.
The remarks came on a day when the nation is marking the 11th anniversary of the terror attack that stunned the nation.
Opposition MPs today raised slogans demanding the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!