They didn’t die for this: Meira Kumar on Parliament disruptions
New Delhi: On a day when the nation is remembering the martyrs of the 2001 Parliament terror attack, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar asked a pertinent question in the Lower House: Did the security personnel sacrifice their lives for this?
She was reacting to repeated disruptions in the both Houses of Parliament.
"On this date, people lost their lives here, they didn`t sacrifice their lives for this," the Speaker said.
The remarks came on a day when the nation is marking the 11th anniversary of the terror attack that stunned the nation.
Opposition MPs today raised slogans demanding the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3