They didn’t die for this: Meira Kumar on Parliament disruptions
New Delhi: On a day when the nation is remembering the martyrs of the 2001 Parliament terror attack, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar asked a pertinent question in the Lower House: Did the security personnel sacrifice their lives for this?
She was reacting to repeated disruptions in the both Houses of Parliament.
"On this date, people lost their lives here, they didn`t sacrifice their lives for this," the Speaker said.
The remarks came on a day when the nation is marking the 11th anniversary of the terror attack that stunned the nation.
Opposition MPs today raised slogans demanding the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared soon on rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- IPL VIDEO: This is how Poonam Pandey showered love on RCB skipper Virat Kohli
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films