They didn’t die for this: Meira Kumar on Parliament disruptions
New Delhi: On a day when the nation is remembering the martyrs of the 2001 Parliament terror attack, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar asked a pertinent question in the Lower House: Did the security personnel sacrifice their lives for this?
She was reacting to repeated disruptions in the both Houses of Parliament.
"On this date, people lost their lives here, they didn`t sacrifice their lives for this," the Speaker said.
The remarks came on a day when the nation is marking the 11th anniversary of the terror attack that stunned the nation.
Opposition MPs today raised slogans demanding the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'