Thin crowds seen on day 4 of Team Anna fast
New Delhi: Day Four of Team Anna`s indefinite fast against corruption at Jantar Mantar here got off to a slow start on Saturday with thin crowds and leaders of the movement themselves missing in the morning hours.
Anna Hazare with his close aide Kumar Vishwas and Kiran Bedi came to the fast venue only at 10.30 am.
In a lukewarm response to the movement, around 400 people gathered till 12 noon, contrary to the thousands that the nation witnessed at Team Anna`s earlier agitations at Jantar Mantar or Ramlila ground.
Even news channels have not carried reports from the venue of the fast since morning, which has so far failed to evoke any response from the capital`s dwellers.
On Saturday, about 200 people are fasting with the Team Anna members.
Three protestors were taken to hospital after they complained of uneasiness.
Maniram, 90, from Agra who too was fasting in support of the hunger strike by Team Anna members, was rushed to hospital after his blood pressure slipped low.
Maniram said: "This fight is bigger than fight for Independence. That fight was against outsiders, the white men. However, this fight is against our own men."
Jamna prasad, 90, from Mumbai was also taken to hospital after he compained of weakness.
Team Anna members began their indefinite fast July 25 at Jantar Mantar to press for a stringent Jan Lokpal bill and demanding an inquiry into allegations of corruption against over a dozen ministers, including President Pranab Mukherjee when he was the finance minister.
Anna Hazare is likely to join the fast Sunday after his four-day ultimatum to the government ends.
Team Anna has got permission to fast at Jantar Mantar till Aug 8, the day the Monsoon Session of Parliament is expected to begin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown