Thin crowds seen on day 4 of Team Anna fast
New Delhi: Day Four of Team Anna`s indefinite fast against corruption at Jantar Mantar here got off to a slow start on Saturday with thin crowds and leaders of the movement themselves missing in the morning hours.
Anna Hazare with his close aide Kumar Vishwas and Kiran Bedi came to the fast venue only at 10.30 am.
In a lukewarm response to the movement, around 400 people gathered till 12 noon, contrary to the thousands that the nation witnessed at Team Anna`s earlier agitations at Jantar Mantar or Ramlila ground.
Even news channels have not carried reports from the venue of the fast since morning, which has so far failed to evoke any response from the capital`s dwellers.
On Saturday, about 200 people are fasting with the Team Anna members.
Three protestors were taken to hospital after they complained of uneasiness.
Maniram, 90, from Agra who too was fasting in support of the hunger strike by Team Anna members, was rushed to hospital after his blood pressure slipped low.
Maniram said: "This fight is bigger than fight for Independence. That fight was against outsiders, the white men. However, this fight is against our own men."
Jamna prasad, 90, from Mumbai was also taken to hospital after he compained of weakness.
Team Anna members began their indefinite fast July 25 at Jantar Mantar to press for a stringent Jan Lokpal bill and demanding an inquiry into allegations of corruption against over a dozen ministers, including President Pranab Mukherjee when he was the finance minister.
Anna Hazare is likely to join the fast Sunday after his four-day ultimatum to the government ends.
Team Anna has got permission to fast at Jantar Mantar till Aug 8, the day the Monsoon Session of Parliament is expected to begin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof