Third Front is the future, not history: JD-S
New Delhi: Janata Dal (Secular) headed by former prime minister HD Deve Gowda on Friday supported the idea of a Third Front, saying it is the "future" as people were fed up of corruption under Congress and BJP rules.
"Third Front is not history. Third Front is the future because people of India have witnessed corruption under Congress rule at the Centre and during BJP tenure in Karnataka," JD-S secretary general Danish Ali said here.
His remarks came on a day when Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said a Third Front will emerge.
"Fronts emerge as per the situation in the country. After 2014, the Prime Minister will be from the Third Front," Yadav said in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors