Third Front is the future, not history: JD-S
New Delhi: Janata Dal (Secular) headed by former prime minister HD Deve Gowda on Friday supported the idea of a Third Front, saying it is the "future" as people were fed up of corruption under Congress and BJP rules.
"Third Front is not history. Third Front is the future because people of India have witnessed corruption under Congress rule at the Centre and during BJP tenure in Karnataka," JD-S secretary general Danish Ali said here.
His remarks came on a day when Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said a Third Front will emerge.
"Fronts emerge as per the situation in the country. After 2014, the Prime Minister will be from the Third Front," Yadav said in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report