Third Front is the future, not history: JD-S
New Delhi: Janata Dal (Secular) headed by former prime minister HD Deve Gowda on Friday supported the idea of a Third Front, saying it is the "future" as people were fed up of corruption under Congress and BJP rules.
"Third Front is not history. Third Front is the future because people of India have witnessed corruption under Congress rule at the Centre and during BJP tenure in Karnataka," JD-S secretary general Danish Ali said here.
His remarks came on a day when Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said a Third Front will emerge.
"Fronts emerge as per the situation in the country. After 2014, the Prime Minister will be from the Third Front," Yadav said in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees