Three Commerce Ministry officials sentenced to 2 years jail
New Delhi: Three government officials have been sentenced to two years rigorous imprisonment by a Delhi court for accepting bribe from a consultant in the process of granting registration certificates.
Special Judge Kanwaljeet Arora sentenced Deputy Director, Man Mohan Dubey, Section Officer Roshan Lal and Assistant JM Nayyar of the registration section of the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal (DGS&D), a body functioning under the Ministry of Commerce.
The court awarded the punishmnent to the trio for accepting a bribe of Rs 12,000 from consultant Arun Kumar Sharma.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 each on the three convicts.
"All the three convicts Man Mohan Dubey, Roshan Lal and JM Nayyar, are sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of two years under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act," the judge said.
The three officials, however, have been released on bail to file an appeal in the Delhi High Court against the order of the trial court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali