Three Commerce Ministry officials sentenced to 2 years jail
New Delhi: Three government officials have been sentenced to two years rigorous imprisonment by a Delhi court for accepting bribe from a consultant in the process of granting registration certificates.
Special Judge Kanwaljeet Arora sentenced Deputy Director, Man Mohan Dubey, Section Officer Roshan Lal and Assistant JM Nayyar of the registration section of the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal (DGS&D), a body functioning under the Ministry of Commerce.
The court awarded the punishmnent to the trio for accepting a bribe of Rs 12,000 from consultant Arun Kumar Sharma.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 each on the three convicts.
"All the three convicts Man Mohan Dubey, Roshan Lal and JM Nayyar, are sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of two years under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act," the judge said.
The three officials, however, have been released on bail to file an appeal in the Delhi High Court against the order of the trial court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal