Time has come to give this country a strong leadership: Arun Jaitley
Zee Media Bureau
Panaji: On the day that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was made BJP’s poll panel chief for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said that the time had come to give the country a strong leadership.
Addressing the party’s cadre here, Arun Jaitley said that by naming Modi as the head of poll panel, BJP president Rajnath Singh had given a new direction to the politics of this country.
Taking about a strong leader, the senior party leader said, “Taking decisions is the hallmark of a strong leader.”
Comparing the BJP and the Congress, Jailtley said, “Our party is not a dynastic party. In a party where views are taken from thousands of workers, taking decisions are not easy.”
“I always compare this to the American system where in the primaries decisions are taken as to who will be the face of party,” he added.
Jaitley further added, “By taking a decision on Modi, Rajnath has given a face to not only the emotions of the cadre of BJP but that of crores of people of this country.”
However, he added that the responsibility bestowed on the Gujarat CM was not easy,
Lambasting the Congress for policy paralysis and corruption, Jaitley said, “Congress has made this country leaderless. It is not being able take decisions.” “The economic situation of the country is in a bad shape. Investment is down. Poverty is rising. Corruption is on a high,” he added.
“This is the most corrupt government in India’s history,” Jailtley said without mincing words.
The BJP leader also did not spare Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and criticized him for being seen a weak PM.
“Never in the history of India has the office of PM been seen in this manner. The office of the PM has become a target of humour, jokes and sarcasm,” he said.
Jaitley also praised all the states where the BJP was in power and extolled the party’s CMs for their ability to take decisions.
He categorically stated that for the BJP, the poll campaign for 2014 General Elections had started from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming