Tired of hearing people address Rahul Gandhi as `Pappu`: Ex-Congress MP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After witnessing stunning debacle in the Lok Sabha polls, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has been facing criticism from his partymen.
The debate on his leadership qualities was, of late, intensified when Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said in an interview that Rahul lacked ruling temperament.
On Monday, Congress leader and former Rajya Sabha member Gufran Azam accused Rahul Gandhi of destroying the party.
Gufran said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi has been trying to make her son a leader for the last 10 years. However, she has failed in making the Gandhi scion achieve political acumen. “We are tired of hearing people address him as `Pappu` and `Munna`. We feel ashamed,” said Gufran.
The former Rajya Sabha member also slammed the election process in the Congress that was introduced by Rahul in 2008. "Rahul thought the Youth Congress is a lab, did experiments and destroyed it. And he did the same with the Congress," the current chief of the Madhya Pradesh Wakf Board added.
Earlier, TH Mustafa and Rajasthan MLA Bhanwar Lal Sharma had blamed Rahul Gandhi for Congress` poor performance in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre