Tired of hearing people address Rahul Gandhi as `Pappu`: Ex-Congress MP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After witnessing stunning debacle in the Lok Sabha polls, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has been facing criticism from his partymen.
The debate on his leadership qualities was, of late, intensified when Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said in an interview that Rahul lacked ruling temperament.
On Monday, Congress leader and former Rajya Sabha member Gufran Azam accused Rahul Gandhi of destroying the party.
Gufran said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi has been trying to make her son a leader for the last 10 years. However, she has failed in making the Gandhi scion achieve political acumen. “We are tired of hearing people address him as `Pappu` and `Munna`. We feel ashamed,” said Gufran.
The former Rajya Sabha member also slammed the election process in the Congress that was introduced by Rahul in 2008. "Rahul thought the Youth Congress is a lab, did experiments and destroyed it. And he did the same with the Congress," the current chief of the Madhya Pradesh Wakf Board added.
Earlier, TH Mustafa and Rajasthan MLA Bhanwar Lal Sharma had blamed Rahul Gandhi for Congress` poor performance in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video