Tired of hearing people address Rahul Gandhi as `Pappu`: Ex-Congress MP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After witnessing stunning debacle in the Lok Sabha polls, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has been facing criticism from his partymen.
The debate on his leadership qualities was, of late, intensified when Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said in an interview that Rahul lacked ruling temperament.
On Monday, Congress leader and former Rajya Sabha member Gufran Azam accused Rahul Gandhi of destroying the party.
Gufran said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi has been trying to make her son a leader for the last 10 years. However, she has failed in making the Gandhi scion achieve political acumen. “We are tired of hearing people address him as `Pappu` and `Munna`. We feel ashamed,” said Gufran.
The former Rajya Sabha member also slammed the election process in the Congress that was introduced by Rahul in 2008. "Rahul thought the Youth Congress is a lab, did experiments and destroyed it. And he did the same with the Congress," the current chief of the Madhya Pradesh Wakf Board added.
Earlier, TH Mustafa and Rajasthan MLA Bhanwar Lal Sharma had blamed Rahul Gandhi for Congress` poor performance in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges