Top Naxal leader Sudarshan behind attack in Chhattisgarh: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Even as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) began its probe in the attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh, reports trickled in that Katakam Sudarshan, a central member of the CPI-Maoist, was the brain behind it.
As per reports, Sudarshan led a team of around 150 Naxals which attacked the convoy of Congress leaders and workers on May 25.
It is also being said that the Intelligence Bureau had sent an alert that Sudarshan was active in the region and may be planning something. However, the warning was not specific in nature.
The decision to give a go ahead to the NIA to probe in the Maoist attack in the state was taken by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde after Chief Minister Raman Singh gave the green signal.
Shinde had said yesterday that he has asked Union Home Secretary RK Singh to proceed accordingly in the matter. Shinde said he has briefed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh about the decision to hand over the investigation to NIA.
Following this a high-level team of officials of anti-terror agency NIA today reached the Naxal attack site in Chhattisgarh and began its probe to find out possible lapses on the part of the central forces or the state government.
Heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district, killing 27 people including Congress leader Mahendra Karma, PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar and injuring 32 others, including former union minister VC Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset