Top Naxal leader Sudarshan behind attack in Chhattisgarh: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Even as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) began its probe in the attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh, reports trickled in that Katakam Sudarshan, a central member of the CPI-Maoist, was the brain behind it.
As per reports, Sudarshan led a team of around 150 Naxals which attacked the convoy of Congress leaders and workers on May 25.
It is also being said that the Intelligence Bureau had sent an alert that Sudarshan was active in the region and may be planning something. However, the warning was not specific in nature.
The decision to give a go ahead to the NIA to probe in the Maoist attack in the state was taken by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde after Chief Minister Raman Singh gave the green signal.
Shinde had said yesterday that he has asked Union Home Secretary RK Singh to proceed accordingly in the matter. Shinde said he has briefed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh about the decision to hand over the investigation to NIA.
Following this a high-level team of officials of anti-terror agency NIA today reached the Naxal attack site in Chhattisgarh and began its probe to find out possible lapses on the part of the central forces or the state government.
Heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district, killing 27 people including Congress leader Mahendra Karma, PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar and injuring 32 others, including former union minister VC Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy