Trinamool MP-Anand Sharma spat in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee and Commerce Minister Anand Sharma Monday had a spat inside the Lok Sabha, which turned ugly with the former turning abusive.
The incident occurred when Banerjee, who was part of his party MPs` team which was raising slogans in the Well on the FDI issue, was returning to his seat after the House adjourned for the day shortly after noon.
He and Sharma had heated exchanges on some issue which was not audible in the din, but later Sharma was heard telling the Trinamool MP to "be civilised" and Banerjee shouting back in an abusive manner.
Other MPs and some ministers intervened and asked both of them to be seated.
Later, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla was seen trying to pacify Banerjee and asking him to calm down.
"I don`t want to join issues with him. It is unfortunate. He was offensive and less than civilised," Sharma later told PTI, adding that he did not want to take the issue any further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred