Two judges sworn in Supreme Court, strength raised to 30
New Delhi: With two more judges sworn in on Friday, the strength of the Supreme Court has risen to 30.
Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri and Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir.
While Justice Sikri was the Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court, Justice Bobde was the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
The sanctioned strength of the apex court is 31 judges including the CJI.
Justice Sikri and Justice Bobde were sworn in at a simple ceremony in the CJI`s court which was attended by other judges of the apex court, top law officers and senior advocates.
The families of the two judges were also present at the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen