Two years not adequate to evaluate my govt: Mamata
Kolkata: On the eve of Trinamool Congress government`s completion of two years in office, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday said two years was not an adequate time to evaluate the performance of her government, which carried the `baggage` of the Left Front regime.
"Two years is not a big time to evaluate a new government. It has on its head the legacy of 34-year rule of the previous regime, a huge debt burden of more than Rs 2 lakh crore and a completely crippled and demoralised government machinery," Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
The new government, headed by Mamata Banerjee, was sworn to power on May 20, 2011.
Outlining her government`s achievements in the past two years "despite severe financial crunch", Banerjee said, West Bengal had exceeded the national average in some key performance parameters.
She gave examples of the GDP, agriculture and allied sectors, industry and services, saying that the state had grown faster than India as a whole in the period under review.
"While the country registered growth in GDP by 4.96 per cent, agriculture 1,79 per cent, industry 3.12 per cent and services 6.59 per cent, Bengal recorded 7.6 per cent, 2.56 per cent, 6.24 per cent and 9.48 per cent growth in the sectors respectively," Banerjee claimed.
She also claimed that revenue collection during 2012-13 fiscal exceeded the previous financial year`s figure by nearly 30 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP