Union Minister Manish Tewari granted bail in defamation case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Manish Tiwari was granted bail by the Mumbai court on Monday in the defamation case filed by former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari.
The case was filed by Gadkari in 2010 after the Congress spokesperson allegedly accused him of holding a `benami` flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society.
As per the complaint, Tewari had told that Ajay Sancheti, who was close to Gadkari, had a benami flat in Adarsh in the name of his driver.
The BJP leader had denied the allegations and said that the accusations were false and defamatory.
The court also reportedly directed Tewari to pay an amount of Rs 10,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price