Union Minister Manish Tewari granted bail in defamation case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Manish Tiwari was granted bail by the Mumbai court on Monday in the defamation case filed by former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari.
The case was filed by Gadkari in 2010 after the Congress spokesperson allegedly accused him of holding a `benami` flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society.
As per the complaint, Tewari had told that Ajay Sancheti, who was close to Gadkari, had a benami flat in Adarsh in the name of his driver.
The BJP leader had denied the allegations and said that the accusations were false and defamatory.
The court also reportedly directed Tewari to pay an amount of Rs 10,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen