Union Minister Manish Tewari granted bail in defamation case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Manish Tiwari was granted bail by the Mumbai court on Monday in the defamation case filed by former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari.
The case was filed by Gadkari in 2010 after the Congress spokesperson allegedly accused him of holding a `benami` flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society.
As per the complaint, Tewari had told that Ajay Sancheti, who was close to Gadkari, had a benami flat in Adarsh in the name of his driver.
The BJP leader had denied the allegations and said that the accusations were false and defamatory.
The court also reportedly directed Tewari to pay an amount of Rs 10,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened