UPA failed on economic front despite PM being an economist: BJP
Bhopal: BJP on Wednesday termed the Congress-led UPA Government under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as "failure" on economic front despite having an economist at the helm of affairs.
"Despite having an economist as prime minister, the Congress-led UPA government has failed to manage economy well," BJP spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
He said the Central government paled in comparison with the Madhya Pradesh government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan, on various fronts.
Replying to a query on whether Chouhan will replace Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate if such a situation arises, Rudy said Modi was picked by party president Rajnath Singh as he is very popular across the country.
Referring to fodder scam in Bihar in which former chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra are convicted and jailed, Rudy said, "the day is not far when the current chief minister Nitish Kumar will also have to go to jail as he was also involved in the matter".
"If Nitish is celebrating the jail term of Lalu and thinking he would win the polls easily in Lalu`s absence, he is day-dreaming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match