UPA failed on economic front despite PM being an economist: BJP
Bhopal: BJP on Wednesday termed the Congress-led UPA Government under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as "failure" on economic front despite having an economist at the helm of affairs.
"Despite having an economist as prime minister, the Congress-led UPA government has failed to manage economy well," BJP spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
He said the Central government paled in comparison with the Madhya Pradesh government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan, on various fronts.
Replying to a query on whether Chouhan will replace Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate if such a situation arises, Rudy said Modi was picked by party president Rajnath Singh as he is very popular across the country.
Referring to fodder scam in Bihar in which former chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra are convicted and jailed, Rudy said, "the day is not far when the current chief minister Nitish Kumar will also have to go to jail as he was also involved in the matter".
"If Nitish is celebrating the jail term of Lalu and thinking he would win the polls easily in Lalu`s absence, he is day-dreaming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog