UPA failed on economic front despite PM being an economist: BJP
Bhopal: BJP on Wednesday termed the Congress-led UPA Government under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as "failure" on economic front despite having an economist at the helm of affairs.
"Despite having an economist as prime minister, the Congress-led UPA government has failed to manage economy well," BJP spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
He said the Central government paled in comparison with the Madhya Pradesh government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan, on various fronts.
Replying to a query on whether Chouhan will replace Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate if such a situation arises, Rudy said Modi was picked by party president Rajnath Singh as he is very popular across the country.
Referring to fodder scam in Bihar in which former chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra are convicted and jailed, Rudy said, "the day is not far when the current chief minister Nitish Kumar will also have to go to jail as he was also involved in the matter".
"If Nitish is celebrating the jail term of Lalu and thinking he would win the polls easily in Lalu`s absence, he is day-dreaming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof