UPA failed on economic front despite PM being an economist: BJP
Bhopal: BJP on Wednesday termed the Congress-led UPA Government under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as "failure" on economic front despite having an economist at the helm of affairs.
"Despite having an economist as prime minister, the Congress-led UPA government has failed to manage economy well," BJP spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
He said the Central government paled in comparison with the Madhya Pradesh government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan, on various fronts.
Replying to a query on whether Chouhan will replace Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate if such a situation arises, Rudy said Modi was picked by party president Rajnath Singh as he is very popular across the country.
Referring to fodder scam in Bihar in which former chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra are convicted and jailed, Rudy said, "the day is not far when the current chief minister Nitish Kumar will also have to go to jail as he was also involved in the matter".
"If Nitish is celebrating the jail term of Lalu and thinking he would win the polls easily in Lalu`s absence, he is day-dreaming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter