UPA govt should probe helicopter scam in totality: Joshi
Kolkata: BJP leader Murli Monohar Joshi on Saturday said that if the UPA government wanted the upcoming session of Parliament to function, it should accept the demand for a probe in totality into the alleged kickbacks in the VVIP helicopter deal.
"Running Parliament is the responsibility of the government. If they want Parliament to function they should discuss the issue with us and accept our demand," Joshi told a press conference when asked whether BJP would stall Parliament on the issue.
Stating that the recent VVIP helicopter scam was reminiscent of the Bofors scam of the 1980s, he said, "This UPA regime is the most corrupt regime India has seen. The recent helicopter scam reminds me of the Bofors scandal.
"In Bofors scam the name of an Italian firm and some people had come out, in this helicopter scam also the name of an Italian firm has come out," he said.
Asked to react on reports in the Italian media that a `family of India` was involved, he said, "I have not read these reports. So until and unless I verify it, I can`t say anything."
In an obvious reference to Congress trying to shift the blame on the NDA government saying the process was initiated by it, Joshi accused the party of trying to divert attention from scams allegedly perpetuated by it.
"Whenever corruption or a scam comes out in the open, they blame other parties. They just want to play the blame game and save their backs," said Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj