UPA-II one of the `worst governments`: Karat
New Delhi: The CPI-M on Monday termed the UPA-II
as one of the "worst governments" that the country has ever
seen and held it responsible for inflation and skyrocketing
Party General Secretary Prakash Karat also said there was
no difference between the Congress and the BJP, saying both
parties indulged in "corrupt practices".
"The poor are suffering now. Inflation and price rise are
a major problem. UPA-II government is alone to be blamed for
this. High inflation is due to the wrong policies of the
government at the Centre," he said.
Karat was addressing a convention on `Price Rise and
Corruption` organised by the JD-S to commemorate 50 years in
Legislature of its president H D Deve Gowda.
"UPA-II is one of the worst governments that the country
has seen. The government is corrupt," he said.
The CPI-M leader listed the failures of the government
like inflation and price rise and said they were due to the
"wrong policies" followed by the Congress-led coalition.
Gowda accused the Congress of "going back" on its promise
of providing reservation to Muslims and termed it as
"The Congress has neither implemented the Ranganath
Commission report or the Sachar Committee report. It has to be
implemented immediately," he said.
Effusing praise on Left parties for their struggle in
support of people, Gowda said he would not have become Prime
Minister if not for the support from late Left leaders like
Harkishan Singh Surjit and Jyoti Basu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test