UPA-II one of the `worst governments`: Karat
New Delhi: The CPI-M on Monday termed the UPA-II
as one of the "worst governments" that the country has ever
seen and held it responsible for inflation and skyrocketing
Party General Secretary Prakash Karat also said there was
no difference between the Congress and the BJP, saying both
parties indulged in "corrupt practices".
"The poor are suffering now. Inflation and price rise are
a major problem. UPA-II government is alone to be blamed for
this. High inflation is due to the wrong policies of the
government at the Centre," he said.
Karat was addressing a convention on `Price Rise and
Corruption` organised by the JD-S to commemorate 50 years in
Legislature of its president H D Deve Gowda.
"UPA-II is one of the worst governments that the country
has seen. The government is corrupt," he said.
The CPI-M leader listed the failures of the government
like inflation and price rise and said they were due to the
"wrong policies" followed by the Congress-led coalition.
Gowda accused the Congress of "going back" on its promise
of providing reservation to Muslims and termed it as
"The Congress has neither implemented the Ranganath
Commission report or the Sachar Committee report. It has to be
implemented immediately," he said.
Effusing praise on Left parties for their struggle in
support of people, Gowda said he would not have become Prime
Minister if not for the support from late Left leaders like
Harkishan Singh Surjit and Jyoti Basu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire