UPA-II one of the `worst governments`: Karat
New Delhi: The CPI-M on Monday termed the UPA-II
as one of the "worst governments" that the country has ever
seen and held it responsible for inflation and skyrocketing
Party General Secretary Prakash Karat also said there was
no difference between the Congress and the BJP, saying both
parties indulged in "corrupt practices".
"The poor are suffering now. Inflation and price rise are
a major problem. UPA-II government is alone to be blamed for
this. High inflation is due to the wrong policies of the
government at the Centre," he said.
Karat was addressing a convention on `Price Rise and
Corruption` organised by the JD-S to commemorate 50 years in
Legislature of its president H D Deve Gowda.
"UPA-II is one of the worst governments that the country
has seen. The government is corrupt," he said.
The CPI-M leader listed the failures of the government
like inflation and price rise and said they were due to the
"wrong policies" followed by the Congress-led coalition.
Gowda accused the Congress of "going back" on its promise
of providing reservation to Muslims and termed it as
"The Congress has neither implemented the Ranganath
Commission report or the Sachar Committee report. It has to be
implemented immediately," he said.
Effusing praise on Left parties for their struggle in
support of people, Gowda said he would not have become Prime
Minister if not for the support from late Left leaders like
Harkishan Singh Surjit and Jyoti Basu.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'