‘US bounty on Saeed proof Pak harbours terrorists’
New Delhi: The US announcement of a USD 10
million bounty on Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Jamaat-
ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed, who roams freely in Pakistan, is a
proof that the neighbouring country harbours terrorists, Union
Home Secretary R K Singh said on Tuesday.
"I think it has become clear before the world and
everybody recognises that a terror mastermind, who was
instrumental in terror attacks, is being sheltered and
harboured there (Pakistan)," Singh told reporters when asked
about the US reward.
He said the Home Ministry welcomed the US government
decision which was going to put pressure on Pakistan to act
"We welcome it. It is a very good step. It is absolutely
appropriate and necessary. I hope this move will add pressure
on Pakistan to act," he said.
Late last night, the US Government announced an award of
upto USD 10 million for information leading to arrest and
conviction of Saeed and upto USD two million for Hafiz Adbul
Rahman Makki, his jihad financier brother-in-law under the
Rewards for Justice programme, for information on the two
Saeed, accused in the 26/11 Mumbai attack and several
other terrorist acts in the country, is one of the most wanted
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter