‘US bounty on Saeed proof Pak harbours terrorists’
New Delhi: The US announcement of a USD 10
million bounty on Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Jamaat-
ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed, who roams freely in Pakistan, is a
proof that the neighbouring country harbours terrorists, Union
Home Secretary R K Singh said on Tuesday.
"I think it has become clear before the world and
everybody recognises that a terror mastermind, who was
instrumental in terror attacks, is being sheltered and
harboured there (Pakistan)," Singh told reporters when asked
about the US reward.
He said the Home Ministry welcomed the US government
decision which was going to put pressure on Pakistan to act
"We welcome it. It is a very good step. It is absolutely
appropriate and necessary. I hope this move will add pressure
on Pakistan to act," he said.
Late last night, the US Government announced an award of
upto USD 10 million for information leading to arrest and
conviction of Saeed and upto USD two million for Hafiz Adbul
Rahman Makki, his jihad financier brother-in-law under the
Rewards for Justice programme, for information on the two
Saeed, accused in the 26/11 Mumbai attack and several
other terrorist acts in the country, is one of the most wanted
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day