‘US bounty on Saeed proof Pak harbours terrorists’
New Delhi: The US announcement of a USD 10
million bounty on Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Jamaat-
ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed, who roams freely in Pakistan, is a
proof that the neighbouring country harbours terrorists, Union
Home Secretary R K Singh said on Tuesday.
"I think it has become clear before the world and
everybody recognises that a terror mastermind, who was
instrumental in terror attacks, is being sheltered and
harboured there (Pakistan)," Singh told reporters when asked
about the US reward.
He said the Home Ministry welcomed the US government
decision which was going to put pressure on Pakistan to act
"We welcome it. It is a very good step. It is absolutely
appropriate and necessary. I hope this move will add pressure
on Pakistan to act," he said.
Late last night, the US Government announced an award of
upto USD 10 million for information leading to arrest and
conviction of Saeed and upto USD two million for Hafiz Adbul
Rahman Makki, his jihad financier brother-in-law under the
Rewards for Justice programme, for information on the two
Saeed, accused in the 26/11 Mumbai attack and several
other terrorist acts in the country, is one of the most wanted
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad