US Consulate in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore on terror radar?
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: An anonymous letter threatening bomb attacks on public places and US Consulates in major metro cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, has been received by the consulate-general and American Centre in Kolkata, reports said Monday.
A single page letter with "Al Jihad" logo on it was sent to the US Consulate in Mumbai and the Mumbai Police to alert them, said a newspaper report.
Any terror outfit in the name of "Al Jihad" is not known to the intelligence agencies but it is suspected to be one of the terrorist organisations and officials are taking seriously.
According to the letter by "Al-Jihad", it is the US Consulate officials who are on target and that they should vacate the Consulate. The letter has warned of bomb attack on the US Consulate in Mumbai on July 21, the report adds.
“We shall carry out blasts in public places and railway stations of Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai in July this year,” the report quoted the letter.
The Western Naval Command has alerted Mumbai police and the intelligence input has also been shared with the Intelligence Bureau wings in the target cities.
Meanwhile, the security has been beefed up in Mumbai as the city police are yet to ascertain the authenticity of the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row