US Consulate in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore on terror radar?
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: An anonymous letter threatening bomb attacks on public places and US Consulates in major metro cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, has been received by the consulate-general and American Centre in Kolkata, reports said Monday.
A single page letter with "Al Jihad" logo on it was sent to the US Consulate in Mumbai and the Mumbai Police to alert them, said a newspaper report.
Any terror outfit in the name of "Al Jihad" is not known to the intelligence agencies but it is suspected to be one of the terrorist organisations and officials are taking seriously.
According to the letter by "Al-Jihad", it is the US Consulate officials who are on target and that they should vacate the Consulate. The letter has warned of bomb attack on the US Consulate in Mumbai on July 21, the report adds.
“We shall carry out blasts in public places and railway stations of Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai in July this year,” the report quoted the letter.
The Western Naval Command has alerted Mumbai police and the intelligence input has also been shared with the Intelligence Bureau wings in the target cities.
Meanwhile, the security has been beefed up in Mumbai as the city police are yet to ascertain the authenticity of the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH