US: Indian found dead in Dallas apartment
New York: A 28-year old Indian, identified as a native of Visakhapatnam, was found dead in his apartment in Dallas by police authorities, according to information with an Indian-American organisation.
Nikhil Karanam was found dead in his apartment on April 21 in Trophy Club City, a suburb of Dallas, according to Telugu Association of North America.
Local police authorities say they believe Karanam had died almost 10 days ago but discovered his body only after neighbours informed the authorities of "foul smell" coming from the apartment.
Karanam had lived alone in the apartment and the police found his body in an "unbearable condition."
TANA President Prasad Thotakura expressed shock at the tragic incident and said that he got to know about the death two days ago and have informed Karanam`s family in India. He said the organisation is working on the logistics to send the body back to his native place.
Thotakura said preliminary investigation has ruled out any foul play in Karanam`s death. The autopsy was done yesterday and the police do not suspect that it is either a case of murder or suicide.
They suspect that Karanam could have died due to a "medical reaction" of some kind.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner`s Office and the crime investigator Robert Corley are investigating the case to determine the cause of his death.
Karanam graduated from NIT Allahabad with MS (Industrial Engineering) in 2006 and after that had worked in Noida. He joined A&M University in Texas in 2008 and graduated with MS in 2011. He worked in Dallas with an investment firm from April 2011 till January 2012.
He is survived by his parents Venkateswarlu, Sudha Rani
and brother Vineet. Venkateswarlu Karanam is working as a school principal in Visakhapatnam area.
Karanam`s friends have approached TANA for help in the case. Thotakura said he is in constant touch with the Indian Consulate officials, police, investigative authorities and funeral home staff to expedite the process of sending the body back to India.
Karanam`s body is expected to reach Visakhapatnam by Friday evening.
This is the second incident in less than a week regarding the death of an Indian in the US.
Last week Boston police had found K Seshadri Rao, a 24-year-old student at Boston University`s Graduate School of Management, shot dead a mile away from the campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch