US: Indian found dead in Dallas apartment
New York: A 28-year old Indian, identified as a native of Visakhapatnam, was found dead in his apartment in Dallas by police authorities, according to information with an Indian-American organisation.
Nikhil Karanam was found dead in his apartment on April 21 in Trophy Club City, a suburb of Dallas, according to Telugu Association of North America.
Local police authorities say they believe Karanam had died almost 10 days ago but discovered his body only after neighbours informed the authorities of "foul smell" coming from the apartment.
Karanam had lived alone in the apartment and the police found his body in an "unbearable condition."
TANA President Prasad Thotakura expressed shock at the tragic incident and said that he got to know about the death two days ago and have informed Karanam`s family in India. He said the organisation is working on the logistics to send the body back to his native place.
Thotakura said preliminary investigation has ruled out any foul play in Karanam`s death. The autopsy was done yesterday and the police do not suspect that it is either a case of murder or suicide.
They suspect that Karanam could have died due to a "medical reaction" of some kind.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner`s Office and the crime investigator Robert Corley are investigating the case to determine the cause of his death.
Karanam graduated from NIT Allahabad with MS (Industrial Engineering) in 2006 and after that had worked in Noida. He joined A&M University in Texas in 2008 and graduated with MS in 2011. He worked in Dallas with an investment firm from April 2011 till January 2012.
He is survived by his parents Venkateswarlu, Sudha Rani
and brother Vineet. Venkateswarlu Karanam is working as a school principal in Visakhapatnam area.
Karanam`s friends have approached TANA for help in the case. Thotakura said he is in constant touch with the Indian Consulate officials, police, investigative authorities and funeral home staff to expedite the process of sending the body back to India.
Karanam`s body is expected to reach Visakhapatnam by Friday evening.
This is the second incident in less than a week regarding the death of an Indian in the US.
Last week Boston police had found K Seshadri Rao, a 24-year-old student at Boston University`s Graduate School of Management, shot dead a mile away from the campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey