Uttarkhand floods: CRPF jawans donate one day salary
New Delhi: Troops of the country`s largest paramilitary force CRPF have donated their one day earnings totalling to more than Rs 18 crore for the victims of the Uttarakhand floods.
The force will send this money in the Prime Ministers Relief Fund by next week.
"The CRPF deeply commiserates with the victims of the tragedy that has struck Uttarakhand. There has been large scale destruction of property and loss of lives in this disaster. The victims are our own brethren.
"The CRPF rank and file joins the countrymen in conveying its deepest concern for the victims of the tragedy. Towards this end, the officers and men have decided to donate one day`s salary to the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund. The amount will be over Rs 18 crore," a statement from the about 3-lakh personnel strong force said.
An announcement to this effect was also made by force chief Pranay Sahay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur