Vedanta mining row: Protest at Indian HC in London
London: Armed with horns, megaphones, pots and pans, a group of unruly protesters reportedly demanding that Indian government debar mining at Odisha`s Niyamgiri, converged at the Indian High Commission in London on Thursday and hurled mud at the entrance.
The Indian High Commission is likely to lodge a protest with British Foreign Office about the failure on London metropolitan police`s part to protect its premises, the TOI reported.
The activists belonging to an outfit called Foil Vedanta, who were reportedly involved in the protest, were quoted as saying that Vedanta should be de-listed from the London Stock Exchange and taken to the court in Britain.
After the incident, Indian diplomats summoned the London Police’ Wing for Protecting Diplomats to express displeasure and seek an `explanation` into the matter.
Reports added that cops were sieving through the video footage of the incident to identify the perpetrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video