VVIP chopper deal: CVC may summon Defence Ministry official
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission is likely to summon chief vigilance officer of the Defence Ministry apparently irked over delay in submitting its findings on a complaint of alleged irregularities in the Rs 3,600 crore VVIP chopper deal.
The anti-corruption watchdog had received the complaint and sent it to the chief vigilance officer, who acts as a distant arm of the CVC, for necessary action, official sources said.
It has been over six months and the Commission is yet to get any final report from the officer. The CVO may be called in to give explanation or to appear before the Commission to explain the delay, they said.
A chief vigilance officer gets a maximum of four months to finalise a report or take necessary action on graft complaints forwarded to his/her office by the probity watchdog.
The sources declined to share further details including the name of complainant and other information on the complaint in the matter.
CBI has already registered a preliminary enquiry to probe alleged irregularities in the purchase of helicopters. The probe agency has named former Air Force chief SP Tyagi and 10 others including his cousins -- Julie, Docsa and Sandeep Tyagi -- in its preliminary enquiry.
The Commission is following up the matter with the Defence Ministry to ensure speedy conclusion of the complaint sent to its CVO in the VVIP chopper deal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery