`War-like store` of arms seized near LoC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir state police and army troops in a joint operation unearthed a large cache of arms and ammunition from a location close to the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan in Poonch district on Saturday evening. A defence spokesman in Jammu said the cache was a "war-like store".
"Based on specific intelligence inputs about cache, a joint search operation was launched by the army and Jammu and Kashmir Police in Sabra Nala of Mendhar, Poonch district on Saturday afternoon," the spokesman said. The area is 230 km northwest of Jammu.
By evening, security forces recovered a war-like store from a hideout.
A large quantity of weapons, ammunition and magazines were seized, A among them were: two AK 47 rifles with plastic magazine, one 7mm caliber weapon with magazine, one bolt action rifle, three 7mm pistols with .30 calibre magazine, one 7.65mm pistol with magazine, one under-barrel grenade launcher (UBGL), five magazines of AK 47, 1019 rounds ammunition of AK 47, two magazine of .30 calibre pistol, three rounds of .30 calibre pistol, four rounds ammunition of 7.65 calibre pistol, one Arges grenade, besides six radio sets and two mobile phones.
The spokesman described the recovery as "a major blow to efforts of revival of terrorism in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre