`War-like store` of arms seized near LoC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir state police and army troops in a joint operation unearthed a large cache of arms and ammunition from a location close to the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan in Poonch district on Saturday evening. A defence spokesman in Jammu said the cache was a "war-like store".
"Based on specific intelligence inputs about cache, a joint search operation was launched by the army and Jammu and Kashmir Police in Sabra Nala of Mendhar, Poonch district on Saturday afternoon," the spokesman said. The area is 230 km northwest of Jammu.
By evening, security forces recovered a war-like store from a hideout.
A large quantity of weapons, ammunition and magazines were seized, A among them were: two AK 47 rifles with plastic magazine, one 7mm caliber weapon with magazine, one bolt action rifle, three 7mm pistols with .30 calibre magazine, one 7.65mm pistol with magazine, one under-barrel grenade launcher (UBGL), five magazines of AK 47, 1019 rounds ammunition of AK 47, two magazine of .30 calibre pistol, three rounds of .30 calibre pistol, four rounds ammunition of 7.65 calibre pistol, one Arges grenade, besides six radio sets and two mobile phones.
The spokesman described the recovery as "a major blow to efforts of revival of terrorism in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH