`War-like store` of arms seized near LoC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir state police and army troops in a joint operation unearthed a large cache of arms and ammunition from a location close to the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan in Poonch district on Saturday evening. A defence spokesman in Jammu said the cache was a "war-like store".
"Based on specific intelligence inputs about cache, a joint search operation was launched by the army and Jammu and Kashmir Police in Sabra Nala of Mendhar, Poonch district on Saturday afternoon," the spokesman said. The area is 230 km northwest of Jammu.
By evening, security forces recovered a war-like store from a hideout.
A large quantity of weapons, ammunition and magazines were seized, A among them were: two AK 47 rifles with plastic magazine, one 7mm caliber weapon with magazine, one bolt action rifle, three 7mm pistols with .30 calibre magazine, one 7.65mm pistol with magazine, one under-barrel grenade launcher (UBGL), five magazines of AK 47, 1019 rounds ammunition of AK 47, two magazine of .30 calibre pistol, three rounds of .30 calibre pistol, four rounds ammunition of 7.65 calibre pistol, one Arges grenade, besides six radio sets and two mobile phones.
The spokesman described the recovery as "a major blow to efforts of revival of terrorism in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued