Wasan to hold charge of DG NIA
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer N R Wasan was on Tuesday given the charge of Director General of NIA following appointment of incumbent Sarat C Sinha as member of NHRC.
Wasan, a 1980 batch Andhra Pradesh cadre IPS officer, is presently serving as additional DG of the National Investigation Agency.
He will look after the duties of Director General, NIA with immediate effect and will hold the post till an officer is appointed on regular basis, or until further orders, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- CAG starts audit of DIAL, AAI books amid concerns over "irregularities"
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic