Wasan to hold charge of DG NIA
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer N R Wasan was on Tuesday given the charge of Director General of NIA following appointment of incumbent Sarat C Sinha as member of NHRC.
Wasan, a 1980 batch Andhra Pradesh cadre IPS officer, is presently serving as additional DG of the National Investigation Agency.
He will look after the duties of Director General, NIA with immediate effect and will hold the post till an officer is appointed on regular basis, or until further orders, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims