Wasan to hold charge of DG NIA
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer N R Wasan was on Tuesday given the charge of Director General of NIA following appointment of incumbent Sarat C Sinha as member of NHRC.
Wasan, a 1980 batch Andhra Pradesh cadre IPS officer, is presently serving as additional DG of the National Investigation Agency.
He will look after the duties of Director General, NIA with immediate effect and will hold the post till an officer is appointed on regular basis, or until further orders, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why