West Bengal records highest crimes against women
New Delhi: West Bengal was in news once again for all the wrong reasons with the state recording the maximum number of crimes committed against women in 2012.
According to National Crime Records Bureau, a total of 30,942 cases of crimes against women were registered in the state in 2012 which accounted for 12.67 percent of total crime against women in the country.
West Bengal is followed by Andhra Pradesh with 28,171 incidents of violence against women.
Uttar Pradesh stood third with 23,569 cases of crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why