West Bengal records highest crimes against women
New Delhi: West Bengal was in news once again for all the wrong reasons with the state recording the maximum number of crimes committed against women in 2012.
According to National Crime Records Bureau, a total of 30,942 cases of crimes against women were registered in the state in 2012 which accounted for 12.67 percent of total crime against women in the country.
West Bengal is followed by Andhra Pradesh with 28,171 incidents of violence against women.
Uttar Pradesh stood third with 23,569 cases of crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble