West Bengal records highest crimes against women
New Delhi: West Bengal was in news once again for all the wrong reasons with the state recording the maximum number of crimes committed against women in 2012.
According to National Crime Records Bureau, a total of 30,942 cases of crimes against women were registered in the state in 2012 which accounted for 12.67 percent of total crime against women in the country.
West Bengal is followed by Andhra Pradesh with 28,171 incidents of violence against women.
Uttar Pradesh stood third with 23,569 cases of crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversial 'godman' Baba Parmanand arrested for sexual exploitation of women
- Really? Shahid Kapoor got 'high' on coffee for 'Udta Punjab'
- Shocking! When an Indigo flight nearly landed on a road in Jaipur
- NEET: Now, World Psychiatric Association opposes National Eligibility and Entrance Test in regional languages - Know why
- Hundreds of Noida homebuyers left in the lurch as Supertech expressway project scrapped