West Bengal records highest crimes against women
New Delhi: West Bengal was in news once again for all the wrong reasons with the state recording the maximum number of crimes committed against women in 2012.
According to National Crime Records Bureau, a total of 30,942 cases of crimes against women were registered in the state in 2012 which accounted for 12.67 percent of total crime against women in the country.
West Bengal is followed by Andhra Pradesh with 28,171 incidents of violence against women.
Uttar Pradesh stood third with 23,569 cases of crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi