Will fulfill any responsibility given to me by party: Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Amid chants of Narendra Modi for PM, the Gujarat Chief Minister, fresh from poll victory, got a rousing welcome at the BJP headquarters here on Thursday by a sizable crowd of party workers and supporters.
In the national capital to attend the National Development Council meeting, Modi was felicitated by party president Nitin Gadkari at the BJP headquarters. The crowd, consisting mostly of party workers from Delhi and Haryana, made it clear that Modi is their hero, forcing Gadkari into the shadows.
Modi said in his thanksgiving speech that he had never thought he would ever be welcomed in the party office with such warmth and respect.
"There is a special reason for this. I have spent some very important years of my life at the party headquarters- 11, Ashoka Road- in a small kholi (room)," Modi said, recounting his days as one of the less significant workers of the party.
Old timers pointed out that it was after several years that such an enthusiastic crowd, estimated to be around 1,500, gathered at the party headquarters.
The workers shouted "PM, PM" when he rendered his speech.
Modi himself did little to camouflage his ambitions, saying he will work hard to shoulder any responsibility that the party gives him.
"As a BJP worker, whatever responsibility is given to me by the party I will fulfill them. In the past, whatever responsibilities have been given to me, I have shouldered them with full dedication."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues