Will fulfill any responsibility given to me by party: Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Amid chants of Narendra Modi for PM, the Gujarat Chief Minister, fresh from poll victory, got a rousing welcome at the BJP headquarters here on Thursday by a sizable crowd of party workers and supporters.
In the national capital to attend the National Development Council meeting, Modi was felicitated by party president Nitin Gadkari at the BJP headquarters. The crowd, consisting mostly of party workers from Delhi and Haryana, made it clear that Modi is their hero, forcing Gadkari into the shadows.
Modi said in his thanksgiving speech that he had never thought he would ever be welcomed in the party office with such warmth and respect.
"There is a special reason for this. I have spent some very important years of my life at the party headquarters- 11, Ashoka Road- in a small kholi (room)," Modi said, recounting his days as one of the less significant workers of the party.
Old timers pointed out that it was after several years that such an enthusiastic crowd, estimated to be around 1,500, gathered at the party headquarters.
The workers shouted "PM, PM" when he rendered his speech.
Modi himself did little to camouflage his ambitions, saying he will work hard to shoulder any responsibility that the party gives him.
"As a BJP worker, whatever responsibility is given to me by the party I will fulfill them. In the past, whatever responsibilities have been given to me, I have shouldered them with full dedication."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video